Sunday, November 27, 2022

WHY people reject REPENTANCE

 

The LORD JESUS declared:

John 8:37

King James Version

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; 

but ye seek to kill me, 

because my word hath no place in you.


What is repentance?

What do people know of repentance?

Why don't they repent?

Why don't they turn to the LORD?

Why don't they want to have knowledge of GOD?

JESUS answered simply:

John 8:47

King James Version

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: 

ye therefore hear them not, 

because ye are not of God.


People don't want to repent, because they are not believers.

1 John 5:19

King James Version

19 And we know that we are of God, 

and the whole world lieth in wickedness.


JESUS has the LAST word on that.

John 8:43-45

King James Version

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? 

even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, 

and the lusts of your father ye will do. 

He was a murderer from the beginning, 

and abode not in the truth, 

because there is no truth in him. 

When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: 

for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, 

ye believe me not.


John 10:25-26

King James Version

25 Jesus answered them, 

I told you, and ye believed not: 

the works that I do in my Father's name, 

they bear witness of me.

26 But ye believe not, 

because ye are not of my sheep, 

as I said unto you.


In SUMMARY, people reject repentance for these reasons:

my word hath no place in you

ye are not of God

the whole world lieth in wickedness

because ye cannot hear my word

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.

ye believe me not

because ye are not of my sheep


The next post speaks of the need for humility.


Related material:

REPENTANCE

SALVATION

JUDGMENT


Image: cottonbro studio


NEED for REPENTANCE

  JESUS on the HOLY SPIRIT : John 16:8 King James Version 8 And when he is come,  he will reprove the world of sin,  and of righteousness, a...